Oaxaca, Mexico is a poverty-stricken region in North America. Most people lack access to necessities like food, health care, and education. Children here live in poverty and suffer from malnutrition, neglect, abandonment, and more. Most drop out of school in order to find low-wage jobs. Unfortunately, doing so keeps them bound to a life of poverty.
Forward Edge International (a Vancouver based organization that partners to aid vulnerable children, disaster victims, and those who travel to serve them) works with local visionaries to create a program assisting at-risk children in the Oaxaca area, "Trigo y Miel". This program strives to provide kids with meals, clean drinking water, medical care, school tuition, and emotional support. Most importantly, children are shown that they're loved by God, have God-given potential, and are taught how to follow Jesus.
Join us this December as we partner with Forward Edge to help support the children and ministry taking place in Oaxaca, Mexico with our 2017 Christmas Project!
Main Gathering - Sunday 12/10, 10-11am
- Worship music and a short message
Project Activities - Sunday, 12/10, 11-12:30
- Choose a tree ornament representing a child (the ornament with photo is yours to keep!)
- Personalize a gift packet for each child with a letter, coloring sheet, and photograph of your family
- Partner with volunteers to pray over the children and the ministry
- Give towards $50 cost of winter clothing sets for children in the Trigo y Miel program (includes sweatshirt, sweats, shoes)
- Enjoy Christmas activities and a light lunch
Those wanting to contribute early can visit the online donations link HERE (under "other" category, designate your giving as "Oaxaca Christmas") or give during one of our Sunday Morning gatherings. Donations of any amount will also be accepted on the day of the event.