Series Scripture: Luke 3:4-6 As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, “The voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘PREPARE THE WAY of the Lord, make his paths straight. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall become straight, and the rough places shall become level ways, and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.’ ”
The Luke 3 Highway
• identified as “the way of The LORD” and “his paths”
• connects heaven to earth, man to King and Kingdom
• a bridge for relationships, resources and reign
• its original state was established, straight, level and smooth
• created for all and commonly used - Genesis 3:8 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day
What Happened To The Highway?
• Genesis 2:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
• Isaiah 59:2 but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.
• Genesis 3:24 He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.
• SIN DESTROYED ACCESS
• decayed – the result of the curse of this world
• inaccessible - you were born infected with Adam’s sin - Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.
• impassable – the result of your sin - Ephesians 2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
• hidden – you’ve were blinded by god of this world - 2 Corinthians 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
• damaged – the result of sins committed against you
The Heart Of God: COME
• Isaiah 55:1 “Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
• Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.
Jesus Is Our Access
I Am The Way - John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
I Am The Door - John 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.
I Am The Gate - Matthew 7:13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.